HybridZ

Data Logging

Noddle

Hi,

I'm wanting to data log my existing ECU, so I have some information on how I should set up mega squirt, problem is my ECU is a old style L24 ECU, no outputs.

So what I need to know, can I hook up my mega squirt (MSII v3.0 board) as in this picture to capture the data, and not damage the injector drivers, since these will not be connected.

As for the temp sensors, I have new ones, and will use these, the TPS will not be connected to the original ECU (only the switch part not the variable resistor part)

As for tuning it on a dyno, where I live, I don't believe they have even heard of mega squirt, so I have to do it all myself,

thank you for any input in advanced,

Nigel

Testing_thumb.JPG

Is this a joke? A trick question maybe? 240s don't have ECUs or injectors, they're dual carbs.

Hi,

I have a Datsun 240k (HGC110 Skyline), not a 240z, 240s, running a EFI setup out of a MR30 Skyline, L24e.

My question shouldn't make a difference what car I have, just that it's efi and I want to capture the data that the standard ECU is using. i.e RPM, AFR, throttle position, map reading, temperatures, etc..

it looks like this if you are interested

http://noddle.110mb.com/My%20Datsun%20240K%20-%20HGC110/index.html

Nigel

Well I don't know what kind of ECU that particular model uses, but I would assume it just an L-Jetronics system similar to the Z. If that's the case you won't get a TPS signal like you want, the AFRs would be (if it even has an O2 sensor) limited because it uses a narrow band O2, the thermistor tables would need to be reprogrammed to match the stock temp sensor, etc... Why not just rip out the old EFI and wire in a full on MegaSquirt? Seems pointless to go through all the work of tapping the system just to log it with MS.

Yes, you can hook it up that way without damaging the inejctor drivers.

It would work fine to log an engine with megasquirt. Just connect as many pieces/sensors as you want to log. Megasquirt does not need a tach input signal or any particular combination of inputs to work for logging. Just power it on and log with a PC through megatune.

Configure the megasquirt for your oxygen sensor (wideband or narrow band).

Yes, you can hook it up that way without damaging the inejctor drivers.

It would work fine to log an engine with megasquirt. Just connect as many pieces/sensors as you want to log. Megasquirt does not need a tach input signal or any particular combination of inputs to work for logging. Just power it on and log with a PC through megatune.

Configure the megasquirt for your oxygen sensor (wideband or narrow band).

Thanks,

That's all I needed to know.

Nigel