HybridZ

HY35 Wastegate

tech9

Bought a hy35 off ebay for pretty cheap. Seems to have almost 0 shaft play.

I'm not sure about this turbo, so I have a few questions.

Missing the wastegate, where would I be able to find one of these? I heard some people modify the wastegate hole also. Also missing the tube that goes to the intake side of the turbo, I think its a vac tube that goes to the wastegate as well. Just wondering where I can find these parts.

TIA

Ok I was wondering, but on my hy35 there is a small rubber grommit that the actuator goes in, it does not use a hose or anything, as you can see in the 1st picture.

The ebay actuator is the same thing, apparently the hy35w had a differnt actuator. If i can get a universal that is fine.

I need one that is has a small PSI rating, which is what I was looking for thanks, anyone recommend a certain brand or would an ebay type be ok? Hopefully I can find a bracket somewhere.

The bracket on the compressor housing will have to be cut off it you plan on using it on your datsun as you need to spin the housing round to get the outlet in the right place. I made a bracket bolted to the inlet manifold to hold the wastegate actuator.

The bracket on the compressor housing will have to be cut off it you plan on using it on your datsun as you need to spin the housing round to get the outlet in the right place. I made a bracket bolted to the inlet manifold to hold the wastegate actuator.

Ahh, I see your point there. Do you have a picture of your setup?

What am I to do with the grommet in the compressor housing?