HybridZ

Anyone ever try lucas oil products?

scottyMIz

I got some yesterday cuz i ahd to change the lube in the trans.I told my g-friend's dad(owns a parts store)that i needed the best stuff he had.He came back with the lucas stuff and regular lube he said mix the stuff and put it in.I put in the lucas that stuff is like honey it's really sticky and slippery.It's made to put in the tranny ,diff and engine.I was going to try it in the engine but i didn't want to crew anything up.Anyone ever put it i their engine?So far in the tranny it makes a big difference it's easier to shift and alot of bad noises are gone.

This sounds a lot like "Motor Honey" that I used to use on my tired L20B motor in my 200SX. If your motor is old, it thickens the viscosity of the oil and "sticks" to the metal everywhere in the engine. I almost want to say it will help "cushion" some of the larger clearances between metal parts in the engine, thus reducing metallic rattles heard when the motor is running. The only problem is that thicker oils don't flow quite as well as thinner ones do, and in a Michigan winter...hmmm, not something I would want to do. During the summer, I suppose it won't be bad for your motor. I would love to hear what others have to say on this subject--all my info is from personal experience.

Davy

I've never used it but there is an auto/truck parts supply shop that has a display of the Lucas Oil in action -vs- Regular Viscosity Oil encased in a clear plastic case.

This case is vertical & holds 2 sets of 4 gear cogs in place; one set on the left & another set on the right. Each side has a small hand crank you can manually turn while watching the difference between the Lucas Oil -vs- the regular oil in action.

The regular oil viscosity will only work its way up to the 2nd gear cog & if you work real hard by turning the gears as fast as can you will get a little (very little) of the regular oil up to the bottem of the third gear.

While the other side w/the Lucas Oil in it only needs to be turned; you can even turn it as slow as you'ld like & the Lucas Oil climbs all the way upward to the very top of the 4th gear cog...very impressive.

If & when I ever change my trans oil I will be using that stuf..pretty neat indeed.

If you're gonna use it make sure you get the correct blend as there are different types of Lucas Oil that are not compatible w/other oils...ask the store assistant for help & if they're not sure-dont buy it till you know for sure they are compatible (if you plan on mixing it w/other oils).

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

[ August 25, 2001: Message edited by: Kevin Shasteen ]

Lucas oil is really no different than STP. They both work the same, they both make the same claims, and STP used to have a display, year and years ago, where they showed how the stuff clung to an old wood drill bit that was turned in a contianer of the stuff.

Guest Anonymous

I've used it in a couple of "noisy" motors and it works a treat, I would'nt use it in a good motor, cause it shouldnt be necessary, and only a small amount in cold climates.

I do put it in all my manual gearboxes and diffs and never had a problem with wear.