HybridZ

BIG cowl hoods for early Z's?

Lason

Just got my induction setup done and tried the stock hood just to get a idea of how much cowl I would need and its about 4 to 4 1/2" from closing. I know Betamotorsports makes some nice quality stuff but I dont know if a 4" will do it so Im thinking like a 6" cowl hood.

Anyone got any ideas on who would make something like that? Otherwise Ill probably have to buy a flat fiberglass hood and graph on a generic cowl induction "scoop".

Personally, I love the way it looks right now. Pics of the entire car so we can get a better idea of how it really looks?

Have you considered making a "mini-cowl" just to cover up what you need? I don't like the looks of big cowl hoods on our Z's ;)

You might be able to enlarge the hole so you could fit an air cleaner on it as is.

lol don't you have this for sale?.........

is that an extra u-bend you have on the floor? I have been looking at the pics of your car it is nice...

Yep same car. Didnt have a lot of interest in it and I refused to cut my own throat on the pricing so I have been working on getting it up and going.

Yes, that bend on the floor will be the discharge pipe from the turbo to the throttle body. Just gotta get to cutting and welding.