HybridZ

Needing some help with turbo Conversion!

Guest Zcarfreak88

Guest Zcarfreak88

Well if you haven't guessed I'm new to this website and a little new to the Z car. My last car was an 85' toyota Supra and I knew about everything there is to know about them but now I'm learn how a Z-car works. Anyways sorry about getting off topic but I bought a 1980 280zx and the guy tells me that he was planing on putting a turbo on it but all he did was change the injectors, put a air/Fuel gauge in it and changed the intake manifold. Thats one problem, the other problem is that he took off some of the vacuum line and vacuum components so its running really rough. Now I just bought a turbo with the manifold inlet and downpipe outlet flange, as well as the turbo exhaust manifold and the turbo J-Tube. So my main question is if you could tell me all of the vacuum components I need and any other parts to get this turbo running. By the way the turbo came out of a 1983 280zx 2+2.

Guest Zcarfreak88

Yeah i kind of figured that so i was also wondering if there was a vacuum diagram that i could use as a reference.