HybridZ

dashboard proj.

matteo

I'm trying to build my own dashboard because the current one is all cracked up, smells, and weighs a lot.

i've spec.ed out all the parts but now i have to actually build it. which is a little harder than i thought it would be. I need to have the heat/ac controls functioning with the vents and heat/ac. I've looked at many model cars to do this but interestingly enough the 350z looks like it would be a perfect candidate. so i went to the junkyard yesterday and tried to get some guys to pull the system from a 350 for me but they said that it worked by servos opening and closing the vents. Could i still implement this system for my new dash? i don't know which kind of heat/ac inputs there are but was thinking there'd be power to them and an accessory to tell when the car was turned on. basically do they work like head units? just supply power and accessory and then wire everything from there?

and would that work out for the 350?

or would i be able to take the 350 dash and put it in the 240 with the modifications i'm thinking of.

This is what the dash will hopefully look like when i'm done.

dashassy.jpg

thanks!

-work being done at custom fab and finish

cffpowder.com

Most circuits in a car are dead till the key is switched to the on position.

hot with Ignition on circuits

Sorry this is sorta off topic, I see you are using NX5 , I use NX4 at work ,

is NX5 much of an upgrade from 4? I saw the pitch on NX6 today , it looks amazing.

yeah, NX5 and NX4 are like exactly the same think. i heard people didn't even like 5 as much as 4. we'll see about 6 though!

but really, any help with putting servos together for these vent systems would be awesome.

I would grab everything out of the 350z , see what servos/sensors exist and make a plan of attack from there, the 350z factory service manual will most likely show the pinout for the hvac controller , if your lucky it will show what each pin is for. you'll have to backwards enginner it. anouther route would be to use r/c plane servos, and a micro controller to interface to the hvac system, but that makes my head hurt thinking about that.