HybridZ

I'm getting a T-5 Have a few questions

Yes Finally I'm getting rid of that huge th400 and swapping over to a T-5 Getting it complete with flywheel clutch and master/slave cylinder drive shaft (ill get that shortened to spec). I was wondering though, What mount did most of you use I have a JTR trans mount and cant figure out if I want rubber or poly? In addition Will I need to use some sort of spacer in order to keep good drive line alignment? I 've been searching and reading and I'm very excited about this I always wanted my car to be stick and now it finally will be!

I made a copy of the JTR mount (bent it up in a shop press). If you are getting the T-5 from a Camaro or Firebird, it will be set up to be tilted 15 degrees, to tilt the shifter to the driver's side (left side) of the tunnel. This is how it will be mounted if you are using the Camaro/Firebird T-5 bellhousing. If you are using a "straight-up" bellhousing for a standard small block Chevy, then the trans will not be tilted.

The difference is important, as if you use the Camaro/Firebird bellhousing, the rear pad to bolt the rear mount to will be horizontal, and the JTR mount can be used. If you use a "straight-up" bellhousing, then the mount pad will be tilted 15 degrees, with the left bolt hole higher than the right hole.

I used a straight up bellhousing from Tilton/Sonic. This left my mounting pad tilted to the horizontal. I found that a polyurethane mount (which I suggest as the stock mount is not interlocking) sat on the JTR mount in such a way that it touched the edge of the left "hump" in the JTR mount, and the lower middle portion of the JTR mount. I made up a small spacer to fit over the bolt in the middle of the polyurethane mount and reach down to the corner of the JTR mount that is at the side of the middle part of the JTR mount as it rises to make the "hump" on the left. I drilled a hole in the JTR mount in this area and ran the bolt through there.