HybridZ

distibuter wont seat.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

when i am puttin the distributer in i get is all the way in and it stops about 1/4 to 1/2 inch from being fully seated. the engine isn't in vehicle if that changes anything.

zach

It's probably that the oil pump drive shaft is not aligned. The shaft has a slot in it that has to line up with the drive tang on the bottom of the distributor drive gear. Use a long screw driver to turn the oil pump shaft so it lines up and then move the rotor back and forth a bit as you slide the distributor down.

Was the EXACT same dizzy in the motor no troubles before??

I had this exact thing happen...turned out when I swapped my dizzy gear for the roller motor I put it on 'upside' down/not much difference but enough to sit 'above' the intake as you describe. Measure that difference and then check if your reversed the bottom gear on your dizzy/roll pin etc....

I was on the phone trying to discern if '98 blocks had different deck heights etc you name it argg..........that was a long week for me putting that '98 block etc together.

Hopefully that's all yours is.