HybridZ

header or no header on rebello motor (3.0L)

bonfire79

Hi guys,

I am about ready to have Rebello racing build a 3.0 liter stroker motor for my 280z. I am trying to decide on wheather I should get a header or not?

They have a header setup to go along with the package, but I don't know how loud or annoying the sound will be and I dont' think I will be able to get that "cool weber carb sound" since my motor will be fuel injection.

My car is a daily driver and I don't want to be real loud and I plan on doing long trips... any ideas or advice?

Thanks,

Bon

You would not be getting the full benefit of a stroker motor, especially one built by Rebello, if you do not allow it to rid itself of all the exhaust gases efficiently as possible.

You can keep the noise down by the type of muffler you put on.

Tom

You would not be getting the full benefit of a stroker motor, especially one built by Rebello, if you do not allow it to rid itself of all the exhaust gases efficiently as possible.

You can keep the noise down by the type of muffler you put on.

Tom

Tom, what kind of muffler would you recommend getting? Rebello said they have use a resonator and a muffler together with the header.

Thanks,

Bon

if you dont mind me asking what is the cost of the build from rebello.

no problem...

They quoted me $4500 for the basic long block build. But I am getting megasquirt and msd ignition, so that will be an extra $1000.

Bon