HybridZ

interrior

rdsk8ter

Ok first off if this is a repeat thread I'm sorry but I couldnt find it. I am looking to start my interior coverings. Here is what I have.... I have pretty much a fully custom fiberglass interior that I will be covering with vinyl and carpet. What do you all suggest for this covering to be held down. Im thinking industrial floor glue but i dont know how well that will hold( there are alot of curves and might require seams) Thanks again guys you all have been a great help with my z build.

Use upholstery glue. If you use a quality glue, that stuff will stay stuck for a long time. If you have extensive complex curves and need to stretch, make sure the material is not under too much tension because it will pull up over time. If you have too many shapes, consider cutting and stitching.

There are many different brands that are good. The more important thing is how it sticks and tacks. You want to use a glue that is "webbed" not just your normal "spray" like hairspray. Also, don't stick your material on when the glue is still very wet, you need to wait a little while until it's tacky. I used to do lots of audio interiors, headliners, and door panel inserts... messed up lots, but when they were delivered, they were real nice. Alcantara (fake suede) and carpet are real easy to apply, vinyl on the other hand, depending on weight (thickness) can be more difficult.