HybridZ

Water inside turbo afm

mikesz

I washed my z today.My afm cover is missing and when i went to start it up it ran like crap.I opened the hood and noticed that there was water inside where the afm cover go's.I cleaned the water out,and now the car won't start.Should i wait forthe water to dry out?Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I washed my z today.My afm cover is missing and when i went to start it up it ran like crap.I opened the hood and noticed that there was water inside where the afm cover go's.I cleaned the water out,and now the car won't start.Should i wait forthe water to dry out?Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, it's a pretty common problem. Go to the parts store and get electrical contact cleaner and get everything blown out and sprayed out. Let it dry, reseal the cover with a bit of RTV and make sure it won't fall off again. Make sure the "trap door" swings freely still. I've seen some of them rust up a bit and stick. PB blaster used carefully to loosen the shaft up will do wonders.

Yes, it's a pretty common problem. Go to the parts store and get electrical contact cleaner and get everything blown out and sprayed out. Let it dry, reseal the cover with a bit of RTV and make sure it won't fall off again. Make sure the "trap door" swings freely still. I've seen some of them rust up a bit and stick. PB blaster used carefully to loosen the shaft up will do wonders.

Thanks