HybridZ

MSA Type 3 air dam install

HB280ZT

Hi All,

Well I finally started to install my Type 3 Air dam and it seems that it does not fit very well. I understand that it needs some work but I would rather ask questions prior to cutting.

So my question is how much trimming did you need to do on the finder sides to get the air dam to fit?

Also was there any other areas that needed work to make the air dam fit correctly?

If you have pictures that would really help out alot.

Thanks for the help.

HB280ZT

I have done a search but did not see many pictures that show the side sections of the spoiler and where it contacts the fender and wheel well. That is the section that I need pictures of.

So if you have a MSA type 3 can you show me some pictures of how you trimmed the air dam to make it fit. Or if you do not have pictures from when you installed it a picture of how it looks now would still help.

Thanks for the help.

HB280ZT

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=128499&highlight=type

Yeah I couldnt find the thread where I saw some pretty good pictures of the fitment issues but you might try pm some of the people that have them. I know the person that started the above thread and superdan have the type 3, might pm them.

Also I dont have the type 3 but I have seen the type 3 in person and it had required alot of trimming, sorry no pictures.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting ready to do a front and rear install of the MSA III air dams on my 77' and I'm in the same boat. I've tried searching using every search terms I can think of but haven't found much as far as installation goes.

To those that have them, what are using to install them? I know they don't come with any hardware. I'm definitely an amateur as far as body work goes so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Same here, i'm returning it to motorsport, it is almost touching my tires if this is how the mold is supposed to be thats really messed up, spend 329 bucks they obviously know the mold is flawed not real happy with motorsport lately

Well I've heard you have to quite a bit of trimming. Didn't you say you had flared out fenders though? Is that what caused them not to fit?

Yes I have flares but it should match up to the 2 bolt holes in the front part of fender. Im thinking of ordering a spoiler and hood from reaction research they have a subtle z kit which i think would be easier to work the fg to match the flares it has a 1'wide flare

On mine I had to trim and cut and fill the gaps with kitty hair bondo. When I do it again I will install brackets on the top of the rear sides mine cracked there after a year. By the way it does fit a 2+2 you just have to buy the type II side skirts. Well I guess you don't have to buy them but it makes it alot easier. M.S.A. will subitute them in the full kit for the same price. If you have any questions feel free to ask.