HybridZ

LS1 continues to die

Gentlemen,

I have a 280z with an ls1 and a stand alone wire harness. The computer got the VATS Erased. The car is pretty much complete other than the exhaust stops at the headers, so muffler and all piping is missing. The car runs like a champ when I first start it. It will idle great and rev up just fine. After the car has been running about 10 minutes, it starts idling a little rough, and it dies.

The engine is hot, the fans won't turn on, and the thermostat will not open. Well, I am changing the thermostat for a performance one. I know that the fans are wired correctly. I have a relay per fan lead. I know the lead is ground from the PCM. I even tested it by grounding the wire.

Anyhow, I thought at first the car was overheating. Now, I am starting to have my doubts. I don't know what else it could be. I am kind of getting frustrated. One of my friends at work said it could be that you are missing the exhaust and you are not getting enough scavenging. Well, I have my doubts about that too. How do open headers cars work then?

I don't know what the problem is. :(

For something like this you will need a scanner to read the DTC from the PCM. This will save you all the time from messing around replacing parts and second guessing yourself. Jump on Ls1tech and find out anyone lives near you has a scanner you can borrow to read the DTC off the PCM. GL

For something like this you will need a scanner to read the DTC from the PCM. This will save you all the time from messing around replacing parts and second guessing yourself. Jump on Ls1tech and find out anyone lives near you has a scanner you can borrow to read the DTC off the PCM. GL

I bought a scanner for the car. I just need it to get here. :D Hopefully this will point me in the right direction. I am just ready to ride my car. :banghead: