HybridZ

symtoms of a bad afm

mikesz

I posted a couple weeks ago about my afm.Washed my 280zxt and water got into afm.I didn't have the cover attached.The car was running fine before i washed it.Didn't start after that.

I took of the afm,sprayed some contact cleaner and let it dry out out.The car still doesen't start.I don't have any spark or fuel.Will a bad afm cause the engine not to have spark or fuel?

"Symptoms of a bad afm".Sorry for the spelling error.

I posted a couple weeks ago about my afm.Washed my 280zxt and water got into afm.I didn't have the cover attached.The car was running fine before i washed it.Didn't start after that.

I took of the afm,sprayed some contact cleaner and let it dry out out.The car still doesen't start.I don't have any spark or fuel.Will a bad afm cause the engine not to have spark or fuel?

"Symptoms of a bad afm".Sorry for the spelling error.

Have you looked at the EFI bible and the other stuff on atlanticz.ca? You should be able to test it for sure. I'd expect you to get no fuel if your AFM is washed out but you aught to get spark unless you have multiple issues. Check the dizzy, etc.?