HybridZ

Cable for diff front mount

eugene

I've used the search function and can't find the answer here. The JTR book shows a cable being used to limit diff movement. As I went to install a cable, I found that the only way to run the cable would be between the bottom of the diff and the top of the mount, sqeezing it between the mount and the diff. The picture in my book (7th ed. page 6-2) shows the cable running perpendicular to the crossmember, so it must be routed this way. Has anyone done the cable thing and can they explain better how to install it?

Thanks!

Guest Anonymous

Actually, it works very well to loosen the two bolts holding the mount to the diff and wrapping the wire around the mount and cross member. Secure the ends as shown in the JTR book and retighten the mounting bolts. I wrapped the 3/16" cable around five complete turns and I will be very surprised if it ever comes loose.

GrinZ

Guest Anonymous

What's the proper way for securing the cable ends? I have some 3/16" aircraft line but I can't determine a good way to tie it all together without puttin slack in it. T.I.A