HybridZ

240z grill on late 260

COmputoman

I kind of feel like having 4 front signals is a little over kill. I have a grill from a 240 but it doesnt look like it will fit . Should I leave it the way it is? And if I do splice the connection to 2 additional lights will this pull too much current and dammage any components? I was also thinking of some driving lights where the signals are.

S5001176.jpg

Ben

COmputoman,

I have an early model 260z with the 240z style grill, to put a 280z style grill in you would have to add mounting tabs as these are different. So to say you could change from the 280z stlye to an early style 260z grill is yes just some mounting tab changes would be in order. I am not an expert but I believe that it should be able to be done with not much problems.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

So after taking a better look at what I was dealing with, it was realized that by disassembling both grilles I was able to use the cross slats from the 240z grille in place of the shorter slats. Only moddification that was required was 2 extra holes to be drilled on each slat to compensate for the extra mounting points. Here are some pictures

Here is a picture of the 240 grille with a piece of the 260. You can see where the last mounting holes are not present on the slats from the 240 grille.

298.jpg

half way assembled

297.jpg

Drilling

299.jpg

Grille assembled and ready for paint

300.jpg

RustO!

306.jpg

Primed and ready for paint

307.jpg

Finished

309.jpg

I was even thinking of having rectangular driving lights mounted behind the grille. That would be interesting.

Looks better now. Driving lights behind the grill keeps them out of sight, yet right there when you need them. Good work!

Davy

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...