HybridZ

First Datsun results! 1/4mile slips

Well last night Amanda and I took the Z to the track for its virgin runs with the LS1. For a reference last time we raced the Z it ran a 15.1X @89.5~MPH. Quick, but thats it.

This time around it was a little different to say the least.

First run ever tryig to launch the LS1 and first time driving with a helmet...lol

2.1 60'

13.12@110mph

I was pretty pumped with that for the first run. I noticed a good bog off the line as I only launched a tad higher than idle, 1500rpm.

A little later I got back in line, launched a little harder 2-2500 off the line.

2.041 60'

8.515 1/8th

86.43 MPH

13.035 @ 110.50 MPH

Went back again at launched harder, 3500rpm

.206 R/T

1.980 60'

8.332 1/8th

87.74 MPH

12.803 @ 111.25 MPH

Damn skippy! Pulled like all business off the line, grabbed some rubber at the 1-2 and it was just hauling ass the whole way. As far as I was concerned it was my perfect run.

A civic's oil decided to leave his block via a homemade hole at about the 330' mark and stopped all the fun.

I won't post the first run after the oil spill as I got ambitious and tried launching really hard and just smoked them on the line and let off. The car definately felt floaty over the oil spot even at my low speeds.

I got two more back to back runs in and both in the 'good' lane.

2.024 60' 2.050

8.500 1/8th 8.511

85.66 MPH 86.43

13.054 1/4 13.035

109.40 MPH 109.89

The left run I hit the 2nd gear limiter and scared the *beep* out of myself, cost me my 12sec run. Arg. he right run I remembered that I hit the limiter in 2nd and shifted at 6k not 6400. Newb. Both definately had the potential for 12's

All in all it was an amazing experience. This was all on a rought tune as I just changed one of my O2 sensors and adjusted the fuel pressure. This was with street 245's and normal 35psi tire pressure and half tank of gas (91octane). So with a good tune and some sticky tires we could maybe see some 11's this season!

A civic's oil decided to leave his block via a homemade hole at about the 330' mark and stopped all the Fun!

Great runs,The Honda comment was great!

early 90's hatchback...huge backfire ten just smoke... i have nothing against honda's we own two...lol

i forgot how much fun the track was.. i need a tune and more go fast parts

what is done to the motor? Anything? Please tell me nothing, that would be insanely sick! What tranny you running, with you bouncing off the limiter I would imagine the t56?

Ya we are running the T56, I just hesitated a split second too long to shift and hit the limiter, scared the ♥♥♥♥ outta me...lol but we still ran a good time. It's got a little more in it as it sits for sure. We still need to tune it for the cam. I'd say another tenth or two are easily attainable with practice and the tune.

Mods are

224/224 114+4 .567" cam (918 springs, hardened PR's)

LS6 intake

Sanderson hugger headers 1 3/4" primaries

dual 2.5 to 3" single exhuast

We ran it in street trim, both leather seats, full stereo and half tank of gas. We had 245/45/16 Sumitomo tires at 35psi on the back 3.90:1 rear end

• 2 weeks later...
Get it to hook and mid 12's should be easy... Your MPH suggests that low 12's aren't out of the question....Your 60' is killing you.....

Agreed, that 60ft is shattering your life. Maybe if you let go of your tire pressure a bit, it would grab a lil better. You said you still need to tune it? Wow, should be in the elevens in no time. Is it me or does that cam not seem all that aggressive? I am new to the whole cam thing, so forgive my ignorance. The cars I am used to playing with had limited aftermarket and only 1 or 2 sets of cams available.

Agreed, that 60ft is shattering your life. Maybe if you let go of your tire pressure a bit, it would grab a lil better. You said you still need to tune it? Wow, should be in the elevens in no time. Is it me or does that cam not seem all that aggressive? I am new to the whole cam thing, so forgive my ignorance. The cars I am used to playing with had limited aftermarket and only 1 or 2 sets of cams available.

I agree and am aware of the affects of my 60' times. The first time out was just to get a baseline time and have some fun. Next time I will certainly be dropping the tire pressure to try to hook it harder off the line. As for the cam being tame, well it is. This is a car for me and my wife to drive. I didn't want a cam that was bucking and idling rough as I don't think that is something my wife wants to deal with as she drives it to her office for work. When I put heads on the car I will most likely upgrade the cam to something a little larger but nothing rediculous as drivability is #1.