HybridZ

Ok to use L24 manifold gasket on an N42?

Babalouie

Is it ok to use a L24 gasket on an N42 head?

I ask this because I notice that the N42 head has these notches for the injectors...

Mis-match2Medium.jpg

...that look like they might protrude into that triangular hole in the L24 gasket...

currywurst054.jpg

So would it seal properly?

I am running an N42 with SU's in my 72. I had it leak at that position about 10 years ago. My solution was to replace the gasket, and the problem was solved. I do not know what gasket was leaking (240 or 280), nor can I remember what type of gasket I put in it.

What I do recall is that it had more to do with the installation than it did with what type of gasket. I had a helper ensure the manifold was in the up most position to maximize sealing surface area while I snugged it down.

Apparently according to the knowledge I gleaned from the guys who reco'ed my head ( they do most of the work for the QLD z club ) the injector holes can muck up the flow a little.They counseled welding them up but I decided against it as EFI and turbo is in the future for my car.

N42 Stock setup +triple dellortos on a redline manifold. I have the same style of gasket as you have ( though newer by the looks of it :-D )

PS. Been watching your car on jdmstyletuning. Lovely machine.

Apparently according to the knowledge I gleaned from the guys who reco'ed my head ( they do most of the work for the QLD z club ) the injector holes can muck up the flow a little.They counseled welding them up but I decided against it as EFI and turbo is in the future for my car.

N42 Stock setup +triple dellortos on a redline manifold. I have the same style of gasket as you have ( though newer by the looks of it :-D )

PS. Been watching your car on jdmstyletuning. Lovely machine.

Cheers :D

That gasket's the oldie that came off the engine and JDM manifold...I will of course use a new one when I put the Redline manifold on :D