HybridZ

does anyone make a scattershield for T-56?

Guest chevsun

Nope, not yet! However there are blankets available that the Camaro guys have used and you can get an SFI flywheel too. Lastly, one ITS racecar I looked at had 1/4inch steel welded into the area around the trans tunnel to help deflect any flying steel. Worth considering I guess.

Personally, I worry at least as much about a clutch explosion than I do flywheel. Saw a Mustang on the lift one day that had had this occur. Trans was trashed, block was toast, flywheel chewed up. The clutch had exploded and made mincemeat of the assembly including exiting the aluminum T5 bellhousing. Some scars on the floorpan but no penetration inside. Was pretty ugly icon_eek.gif ARP doesn't appear to make flywheel bolts for this app either. If someone knows differently I'd appreciate a part number icon_smile.gif

Guest chevsun

I am running a SFI flywheel from Mcleod with the street twin clutch. I have thought about the blanket, and welding in a reinforcement plate in the flywheel area but havent really looked into it reguarding clearances. Everything fits so tight that I hate to try to fit anything else in there, While on the topic where is everyone running fuel lines? Through the tunnel like stock? I am at least going to run my stainless 3/8 line through some heavy wall pipe to help protect it in the event of clutch/flywheel failure. I am expecting my block for the 377 buildup back this week and this is one of the last areas of safety I need to address before I assemble and settle this bad boy between the thighs er strut towers of the 240

Chevsun,

The heavy steel pipe is exactly what the NHRA say you need if the fuel line goes along the tunnel.

I was glad to have a Blowproof bellhousing for my Tremec. I've seen a really nice 57 Chevy torn up really bad (frame rails crushed, came through the tunnel, cowl, etc. chopped through the headers like a pair of scissors on paper.) by and exploding flywheel. Luckily it was forward of the driver's legs!

Wasn't Mcleod talking about making a blowproof for the T56?