HybridZ

RB25det debugging ..

Canadianz

Hey guys my brother and I finally have the Z legitimately on the road and man does it rip. Ill update my other thread with some pics and videos once she is good to go. Any how were having a couple teething problems, nothing major more just a couple questions.

1. What voltage does your RB-z run at? Mine is around 14v off the battery is this too much ?

2. On Deceleration my AFR go really lean is this normal ? Under boost the car is nice and rich so there isn't a problem there I'm just worried about scorching something.

3. What water temp do you guys normally run at, I have a aluminum rad and flexalite fan and so far the car never goes much above 100 it hit I think 140f once though when it was sitting idling for a long time.

4. What RPM are you guys shifting at ? so far 6k is all my car has seen, it has a refreshed block with new bearings other than that the block is pretty much stock.

5. On a side note I have a line on an AEM ECU + MAP sensor for 1350 is that a good deal ?

Thanks guys !

Chris and Rob Crombie

Hey guys my brother and I finally have the Z legitimately on the road and man does it rip. Ill update my other thread with some pics and videos once she is good to go. Any how were having a couple teething problems, nothing major more just a couple questions.

1. What voltage does your RB-z run at? Mine is around 14v off the battery is this too much ?

Is this at idle? That's a good voltage to be at. Shouldn't go above 14.4V

2. On Deceleration my AFR go really lean is this normal ? Under boost the car is nice and rich so there isn't a problem there I'm just worried about scorching something.

Normal. The engine doesn't need fuel on decel, so the fuel is cut down to a certain RPM (close to idle).

3. What water temp do you guys normally run at, I have a aluminum rad and flexalite fan and so far the car never goes much above 100 it hit I think 140f once though when it was sitting idling for a long time.

That's real low if it is *F, don't you have a gauge that reads in Celsius? I thought I saw that last time I was out there.

4. What RPM are you guys shifting at ? so far 6k is all my car has seen, it has a refreshed block with new bearings other than that the block is pretty much stock.

You say that like 6k is nothing. I these engines do rev, but man, if I ever tried that in some of my cars it just wouldn't pull that high. :lol:

5. On a side note I have a line on an AEM ECU + MAP sensor for 1350 is that a good deal ?

From what I remember of the AEM pricing that's not bad, but it has been a couple years since I was looking into the AEM stuff. This a PnP for the RB, or a universal?

I'm going to have to get back out ther eand see it now that it sounds like you have fenders and a hood on it. I hope to have mine running again soon.

then we'll have to go beat up on Matt in his Scooby. ;)

Thanks for the advice Chris,

Now that the computer has learned a bit the AFR's are much more stable... the voltage is steady too and the only weird thing is the engine temps so I still have to figure if its sensor related or actually not heating up. Any how the car rips so Ill try to get some video for you guys. As per usual thanks for all the help!