HybridZ

broken door handle

skib

Did it break or just seperate? If it broke you can remove the outside door handle from the other door and swap them as both sides have the tab but only one tab is needed. If it just seperated than you have to use a good pair of pliers to carefully "pop" the plastic covered rod end back through the hole in the tab.

It doesn't exactly look like that is what you are pointing at in the picture but what I described is fairly common and in the picture I can't tell for sure what came off.

Dragonfly

Sounds like you might be refering to the spring... if so it's a PIA but if you can get a sring hook (looks like a dental instrument) you can use it to pull the spring back in place. If I am wrong about it being the spring it may be in your best interest to remove the door handle in order to have enough room to try to fix it.

Dragonfly

It may be in your best interest to remove the door handle any way. I have had a couple of them where the spring broke but you could not tell by looking, it just didn't work right anymore. Once it is off you can find the break which will probably be in the middle of the coils (if it is broken).

Dragonfly