HybridZ

Intermittent Tach Signal

Flexicoker

I've got a problem with my megasquirt. About a week ago I hastily connected everything to make sure I had it wired right before going through the work of routing and trimming wires. It fired right up, first try. It would only stay running for 5 seconds or so, but that was enough for me to start cleaning up all the wiring. Now last night I got everything mounted and wired up and it wont start. It will sputter and catch a few times but won't stay running for more than a second. While cranking my RPM signal will be 0, then go up to 250, 100 or something, then 0 again, maybe spike to 7000 for an instant. I checked my connection at the relay board end, its good. I played with all of the megatune settings that look like they had something to do with the signal filtering and it seemed to improve sometimes, but it probably had nothing to do with what I was doing. I am running the shielded wire from DIY. I'm using the VR in a stock L28E distributor with the advance mechanisms disabled and firing the stock '73 coil.

The only thing I changed since the first time it start was trimmed and routed the wires, pulled off some of the wiring and relays for the original electric fuel pump that no longer exists, removed the ballast resistor (I had it bypassed when it first started)... and I think thats it

Any ideas?

Its a MSII V3.0, with the most recent code.

a datalog is attached

OK, another thing I just thought of... I have the core of the shielded wire hooked to red on the VR, going to 'tach' on my relay board. I have the shielding soldered to green on the VR and going to TPS ground on the relay board. Should that be hooked up differently?

datalog200808212136.zip