HybridZ

RB20DET build modifications.

drwharton85

I have been searching for info on the RB20DET built to a RB24DET with the RB26 crank and bored out to 81-82mm. That seems to be all the info i can find. Is there some one on here who has done this and got great results? What kind of power are you making at the wheels? What turbo setup did you go with?

• 2 weeks later...

I have found that with the Rb20det build up there are a few different ways to go. Using the RB20 block.

1. RB24DET= RB26 crank & rods + 4AGZE 81.5mm pistons

2. RB22DET= RB25 crank & rods + 80 mm bore

3. RB22DET= RB20 crank & rods + 82mm bore

HYBRID MOTOR

4.RB24S= Rb25 block + RB30E head + RB20 crank & rods

This is suppose to be a much higher revving engine do to the smaller stroke. This engine is suppose to have alot of torque to. If any of my information is incorret please feel free to correct me. Thanks, Donald

I know that the order of engines that can handle the most power on factory internals is.

RB26DETT- 600hp

RB30ET- 500hp

RB25DET- 450-500hp

RB20DET- 300-400hp

Even though some of the engines are larger thus able to create more power. Is the reason that the factory RB20DET can only handle 300-400hp is because it's internals are not as strong as the RB26 or RB25?

• 2 weeks later...

currently am in search of RB20DET performance parts and will post links as soon as I can. If anyone knows where to finf the following parts please post?

Vibration Damper-?

Light weight flywheel-?

Rear sump oil pan-?

Valves-?

Exhaust Manifold-?

Note: I have found some of these products but I am still searching for better parts.

I know that the order of engines that can handle the most power on factory internals is.

RB26DETT- 600hp

RB30ET- 500hp

RB25DET- 450-500hp

RB20DET- 300-400hp

Even though some of the engines are larger thus able to create more power. Is the reason that the factory RB20DET can only handle 300-400hp is because it's internals are not as strong as the RB26 or RB25?

there may be some examples of RB26's making that horsepower,but there are plenty of examples of ones that failed well before that figure.....spun bearings,cracked blocks,oil pump failures

i have yet to hear of an RB30 block failing and spun bearings are not common

to my way of thinking the ultimate is the RB30 block with the RB26 head...nissan heaven...look at RIPS efforts

as the old saying goes,there is no replacement for displacement....even in turbo form

the RB30 will make more torque at lower revs ,and perhaps this is the key to it's longevity,keep it below 7500rpm unless you are investing in an aftermarket harmonic balancer though