HybridZ

Rb 20 questions

Guest GigaRoc

Guest GigaRoc

I've read threw the forum and i have two specific questions.

first some background.

I have a rb20 out of a R32 gts-t. i'm putting it in my Z31, i have swapped the oil pan for a 200zr oil pan.

which brings me to my first question. i have what looks like a 14mm tapered and threaded whole up near the top of my oil pan. what is supposed to go in there. if nothing important, I'm going to drop a RTV'd plug in there and seal it permitting.

Second question, where can i find new flywheel blots? everywhere i look i can not find them. is it OK to use the old bolts?

Kevin

its for oil temperature. it is not a hole, it is an elongated cylinder that houses a thermistor, quite like that of the z31 VG oil pan (has a brown 1 pin connector, bundled up with the oil pressure sending wire and the starter wires, and is located just above the drain plug).

maybe take the engine oil temp sensor from your VG and see if it threads into the pan. it should, and could possible work too if it's output range is the same as the RB20 unit.

and if you want, you could drill it out and have your head-drain mod go back to that hole with a oil/heat resistant tube and a 90-degree AN fitting.

Just remember to cut the end of the small cylindrical housing off in the pan, because it's not a hole, it's blocked off.