HybridZ

Looking for a good shop in NorCal to take my 240z

Hey guys,

my 240Z engine is still in pieces after I had the head redone and it is, quite frankly, starting to make me sad sitting in the garage. however, I have NO time to work on it right now and I have decided i'd rather just pay someone to have it done.

I'm looking for a good shop in NorCal that won't jerk me around based on your experiences. if they knew their way around a Z it'd be great. I am in Manteca, next to Stockton, hour out of Sacramento and about the same out of San Francisco.

Thanks,

Connor

Hey, My car is currently at Daft Innovations in Modesto not to far from you. I'm getting a RB25DET dropped along with some other stuff like Front Brake Upgrade, FMIC, Gauges, H4 Conversion with Dave's Harness and some other things. You can check out his website at

http://www.daftinnovations.com/

This is the second time I have came to him. He's a one man shop. First time was a L28ET. He's done RB20's, RB25's, L28ET's, on our Z and has a LS1 240sx..He does all his own custom fab and his prices are cool too. I like him, but that's my opinion.

Right now I'm just working on getting it so I can drive it around, but it's gonna get the race diet sooner or later.

I got in contact with Rich of Daft Innovations and he said he doesn't like working on the L-series engines but put me into contact with a friend of his that does, Eric. Eric came over today and did all the work I needed on my car, great job, nice guy, too. Thanks!

Well if you go to his web page, you can go to his Myspace page to check out some of his work. Look in his picture folder. My car is the blue Z that you see with the L28ET...that was before my air dam fell off on me on the freeway lol.....But great news...Some dude gave me a free air dam that has air ducts and its urethane.....better than the one I had before. Now my car has returned for a RB25 swap....I might be heading out there this weekend to check up on my car but not sure about my schedule yet.

Just glad to help another Z enthusiast...(Is it just me or do Z owners show other Z enthusiast the utmost respect? This is a great thing not a bad one)

• 5 weeks later...