HybridZ

Please Help- Trying to figure out if a Z32 transmission will

heinekenns

I have been looking everywhere trying to figure this out. Check out this link to a picture of a RB20DET scatterplate atop a KA bellhousing Post with two pictures.

I know the KA trans is strong - this is just for a different project. What I need to know is if the Z32's transmission will mate to the KA24(D)E's bellhousing. The picture suggests that it will (minus the three holes). Even if I did weld, fill, and redrill those for the KA bellhousing, would the internals all line up - can I assume that the input shaft of the Z32, the clutch assembly, etc would line up because almost all the holes line up? The post I linked to is confusing. Apparently the RB20DET uses the same trans as the KA (i guess is what he's saying). Does a RB25DET trans mate to a RB20DET without problems? Is a VG30DE and VG30DETT trans the same as a RB25DET? Answer the three above and I think we could solve my problem. Thanks everyone.