HybridZ

New guy...sort of

Hey guys!! Just figured I would introduce myself finally after lurking here for sooo long.

I've been into Z cars since I can remember because my dad has had this 1972 240z since before I was born. He decided to pass it down to me so I got to pic out the color when we got it repainted and got to decide the mods, but also had to do all the work too.

Along with the 240z I also have a 1995 300zx TT which is my DD so I am definitely a Z car guy for life.

For right now the 240z has been sitting for the past few years because of a low compression engine. Just recently have we begun work to get the car back running again.

You can follow my progress here: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?p=927735#post927735 if you would like because I will update it as I go along. There are pics there along with the majority of the story behind the car.

Cliff notes of my progress so far:

• Purchased 3.1L stroker from Datsun-Parts on Ebay
  • Purchased ITB's and Haltech F3 from Datsun-parts
  • Purchased Kameari Super Single clutch from Brian at www.zccjdm.com
  • Purchased Kameari Electronic Distributor and Ignition control from zccjdm
  • Engine stripped and waiting to be pulled from car

I read the horror stories about dealing with datsun parts, although I read about them after I had ordered and received the motor and as for dealing with him, it was a pleasant experience. He stayed in touch whether it was via email or phone and answered all of our questions.

The same goes for Brain over at www.zccjdm.com. He was extremely helpful and knowledgable about the Z cars themselves along with the Kameari product line he carries. Answered all of my questions and offered some of his own advice. I will definitely be ordering from him again as I've already got a Kameari wishlist going haha.