HybridZ

R-200 Trashed

Guest chevsun

Guest chevsun

I guess last summer was too much for the old girl so I am shopping for an R-200. What would be the Ideal Ratio for a 6-speed 430 hp car I know nothing is indestructable but what would hold up "best" to hard launches. And lastly anyone got one for sale. I will be driving from Vermont to Florida in 4 weeks so if anyone has one near I-95

or Myrtle Beach SC "I-17"area I could pick it up. Thanks Steve

Guest chevsun

Lone: second does come fast I was running a 3:90 with a slightly warmed 350 last year and kept blowing universals. This year I am upgrading to the cv shafts but will be running a completly forged, balanced, and all the goodies, carburated 377. The cam is Solid 245 duration @ 50, .525 intake, .545 exhaust on a 106 intake centerline. I live in a rural area with secondary roads and find myself mostly running in 5th. I swapped out a 5-speed for the 6 due to strength issues.

Guest Anonymous

You might want to take into consideration what your cam profile is like, if its a lumpy cam (say one that wants to be about 2500 rpms for example), the lower (numerically) it is, the more likely it'll have trouble pulling that 6th overdrive gear very easily due to the engine not really being 'on the cam' yet. I think Mike Kelly found that out on his, on the other hand, if your going with a R200, you don't have a huge selection anyway. My guess is 3.54 as the 1st gear in the T56 is pretty low as it is and should have no problem giving you a hard launch (second comes pretty quick as you probably know, thats probably what you had eh)? Just an opinion of course, YMMV.. :D

Regards,

Lone

Guest tom sixbey

i want that 3.54 rear end myself, but it's not a posi.... i dont guess it really matter much though - spinning tires is spinning tires unless your cornering.