HybridZ

2-way radio set ups?

Globerunner513

Mods feel free to move this to the appropriate sub-section as I wasn't sure what exactly it would go under.

Anyway I tend to go on a lot of drives with friends, clubs, etc and often we use 2-way handheld radios to communicate. My problem is that my car is so loud that I often end up using an earpiece so I can hear transmissions easier. This works fine If it's just me, but if there is a passenger, sometimes its nice for them to be in on the loop as well.

The other thing, is trying to find a PTT system that would work better than bringing up the radio to my mouth each time. I've found some headsets like the EB200 earpiece and the secret agent spy headset. But not sure how to incorperate a PTT.

Im thinking of taking one of my older radios apart and wiring it in under the dash, with a PTT button going up towards either my steering wheel or my shift knob.

Anyway Just wondering if any of you have done something like this, or thought about it?

Mods feel free to move this to the appropriate sub-section as I wasn't sure what exactly it would go under.

Anyway I tend to go on a lot of drives with friends, clubs, etc and often we use 2-way handheld radios to communicate. My problem is that my car is so loud that I often end up using an earpiece so I can hear transmissions easier. This works fine If it's just me, but if there is a passenger, sometimes its nice for them to be in on the loop as well.

The other thing, is trying to find a PTT system that would work better than bringing up the radio to my mouth each time. I've found some headsets like the EB200 earpiece and the secret agent spy headset. But not sure how to incorperate a PTT.

Im thinking of taking one of my older radios apart and wiring it in under the dash, with a PTT button going up towards either my steering wheel or my shift knob.

Anyway Just wondering if any of you have done something like this, or thought about it?

I have also seen the ones that wrap around your neck military style at Bass proshops. That might be an option as well. I am pretty sure they are PTT

Or you could go with something like this....10-4 good buddy

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_19957?cmCat=CROSSSELL_PRODUCT&cmid=PP_P1_2

This one seems to have the most promise for what you are looking for. It has a earpiece, boom mike and a remote PTT switch for use on a 4 wheeler or motorcycle.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_82840?cmCat=CROSSSELL_PRODUCT&cmid=PP_P2_1