HybridZ

Rover V8 3.5

kiwi303

I've bought a new engine, a 3.5L rover V8 for $100, just got to organise shipping to get it up from Christchurch (450Km) now. then to start pulling it apart.

I still want a Cleveland V8, either stroked or with a pair of hairdryers on a std displacement. but this is a lot cheaper and parts are a lot more common.

I still want a Cleveland V8, either stroked or with a pair of hairdryers on a std displacement. but this is a lot cheaper and parts are a lot more common.

Then this is your next best alternative. There was an Aussie or Kiwi, a few years ago, on the forum that had a Rover V8 powered Z car...blue in color if I remember it. He had a website and all, but I have no idea if he kept it up after he sold the car. It's a pretty decent swap, so no worries or regrets I'm sure, especially for $100.

Davy

I've bought a new engine, a 3.5L rover V8 for $100, just got to organise shipping to get it up from Christchurch (450Km) now. then to start pulling it apart.

hello:for $100.00 nice find.Been looking for a v8 rover for my tr7. At that price it`s a steal.

PR280Z there's another that was pulled as a running engine available in Chch for $250. from a land rover from the looks, this one I've got looks like a P76 engine. No idea on what shipping to P.R. would cost from NZ :P but probably cheaper than finding a rover V8 where you are :D

PR280Z there's another that was pulled as a running engine available in Chch for $250. from a land rover from the looks, this one I've got looks like a P76 engine. No idea on what shipping to P.R. would cost from NZ :P but probably cheaper than finding a rover V8 where you are :D
hello:I`ll be checking one out at the local junkyard this week.It`s from 2004 land rover.($650.00).by the way what would the estimate to ship to 00685,P.R. thanks,pr280z

CIMG2864.jpg

No idea on shipping, but a 250Kg engine across the pacific as part of a container load of loose cargo would be well up in the $500+ range since It would be likely either transshipped via Miami, south america or Jamaica, broken out of cargo there and then re-packed to local Caribbean freight, from what I could find on a shipping schedule page.

• 2 weeks later...

I wnet into town to the Vet today, and dropped around to the freight depot :D I've now got a V8 Rover engine sitting on the transport tray of the tractor in the farm implement shed next to the workshop :D

Next step, stripping and cleaning it :D