HybridZ

How to tow?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Well, I think I've found a '77 280Z that I'm going to buy for an SBC swap. :D It's about 150 miles away though. What would be the best way to tow it home? (I have a jeep cherokee that I can tow with)

Can I flat-tow it with a tow bar, assuming one is available?

Where can I get a tow-bar?

Is it ok put the auto tranny in neutral for towing that far?

Thanks!

It`s not a good idea to tow an automatic.Only do it in an emergency. Automatic transmissions only have lubrication while the engine is running and operating the pump. There is no problem if you disconnect the driveshaft though. i would trailer it if possible. To keep from messing up the bumper and also not having to worry about the driveshaft.

Guest Anonymous

Yeah he's right, it could be towed on a dolly with the rear end on it only, but I'd just spend the dough, go to Uhaul and rent a car trailer for the day. That'd be your easiest bet. If its not running, you'll need some good pushers or even better a come-a-long. I havn't seen they're trailers so don't know if they have a loading wench on them or not, I doubt it. Good luck.

Regards,

Lone