HybridZ

Tranny Problems and Welded Diff Questions

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

My car has a Turbo 350. It seems to work alright, except...it doesn't ever go in to third. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? Repair? Replace? Go with 700R4?

Also, I'm fairly certain my diff is welded. The guy I bought it from was a real dumbass. He didn't know anything that it had. He even sold it to me as being a 327. It's a 350. He told me the rear was stock, but when I do burnouts there are two identical piles of rubber. Also, it kind of skips around corners. Sounds like it's welded to me. Is there anyway to find out for sure (besides opening it up)?

Thanks for your help.

Guest kc6wfs

Yes, sounds like the rear is welded.

Mine is and thats what it does. skips.

You could jack it up, put trans in nuteral and rotate a tire and the other should spin

same direction.

As far as the trans. Take the pan off and tighten the bands.

If that does not work look for a 700R4. The overdrive will make you smile!!!

I have a 700R4 in mine. At 75 on the fry it's only at 2400 or so.

Dave

cheers.gif

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for your help. I'm turning some pretty high rpms at highway speeds...mostly cause I'm in second freakin' gear. Luckily, I don't drive too many highway miles. There was a 700R4 in the local classifieds for just a couple hundred bucks about a month ago. It sounded like a pretty good deal. I would of bought it if I had known mine was bad...or had the money for that matter.

Thanks.

Guest Anonymous

Well, luckily, the dumbass wasn't the one who put it together. He only owned it for three months before I bought it. Actually he had it parked for most of the time he owned it. The brakes suck, but other than that it seems to be in decent shape.