HybridZ

Gas tank install problems

Trying to put a 240 tank into a 76 280z. I can get the shallow side hung up ok but the filler neck side does not want to go up and its driving me nuts. It was my understanding that this tank will fit in the car but I could be wrong? or is frustration just getting the better of me? thanks guys.

Trying to put a 240 tank into a 76 280z. I can get the shallow side hung up ok but the filler neck side does not want to go up and its driving me nuts. It was my understanding that this tank will fit in the car but I could be wrong? or is frustration just getting the better of me? thanks guys.

I think your problem is that you are centering the tank on the driver's side strap.

There are differences between the 240 and 280 tanks: one is that the space between the two straps is narrow on the 240 and wider on the 280. By using the driver's side you have moved the entire 240 tank to the left and away from the filler neck.

Try it again, but hang it first from the passenger's side. I'll bet the filler neck will pretty much line up. Here you can see the difference of length between the two tanks.

280zGastankComparison12.JPG

G