HybridZ

Brake pad options for 4x4 vented setups?

Been able to find a few set ups for the non-vented but nothing specific for those of us running the vented setup (am i being ignorant in assuming they dont use the same pad? i should dig into this..) . I can find a few basic street pads, ie hawk and the pads ross has (which im currently using), but what other options do we have?

In particular im looking for something to rival like hp+ or stronger brake pads, if not a little more track oriented.

you mean rotors like this: 100455.jpg

just use normal non-vented pads, vented discs cool better than non vented, but are still the same flat gripping surface, I'm not so sure about cross drilled rotors and whether they need special pads to stop the pads dissapearing like cheese through a grater :P

K238GF-200.jpg

Ferodo Zero pads are what I like for a good general purpose street performance pad, Ferodo Premier or target for higher performance. they're not really race or autocross pads, but I don't do either so have never explored high end pads like the Formula pads. ferodo zero suits me.

I think your confusing the term with slotted rotors maybe? Im talking about brake pads for those of us running the slotted 300zx rotors and 4 piston toyota calipers (Vs the stock non-vented solid rotors). All ive got are the pads ross sent me with the kit, but I plan on tracking the car soon and would like to look at my options for something more track oriented.