HybridZ

Spark Plug Wire Routing Options on an L28

I already made the mistake myself and bought what I thought was a Taylor wireset for my L28 and was dissapointed to find that it was an universal wireset for a 6 cyl. Due to the length of the inline 6 and the placement of the distributor on the opposite side, the wires are not long enough to run without draping them across the valve cover. See picture below (warning: do not look if you are disgusted by a cluttered engine bay :?)

Datsun240ZEngine.jpg

So it begs the question, where can you find a wire set that fits? I have seen others with a neat, clean and organized routing around the front of the valve cover and down the side of the head. I understand that most ignition companies produce "custom" D.I.Y. sets of wires and boots, but does any company make a set that is already properly measured? I do not think that my valve cover will get hot enough to damage the wires, but if I do need another set, I would like to get the right one. I couldn't find anything from Taylor, MSD or Accel. Any other options? What do you guys use? Thanks in advance.

That actually looks like an L6 wire set. From the factory they were wired over the valve cover. Those little bolt holes on the top are for tabs which hold clamps that separate the wires. As far as the longer wires, I personally can't help you, but I have seen them routed around the front. Here's a thread that dealt with a similar subject: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=128816

That actually looks like an L6 wire set. From the factory they were wired over the valve cover. Those little bolt holes on the top are for tabs which hold clamps that separate the wires. As far as the longer wires, I personally can't help you, but I have seen them routed around the front. Here's a thread that dealt with a similar subject: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=128816

Thanks alot blue72. I dont know how I missed that thread in my search. I am glad that routing them over the top is not a problem, I think I will just pick up some better wire separators and clean up the routing a bit. Thanks again