HybridZ

Is this a good deal? future 240Z owner needs help

Guest future240z

Guest future240z

I've been searching for the perfect second car and I have narrowed it down to the 240Z. This is my first question on this site and I hope to post more once I purchase this car. It's a 1973 240Z. Ill copy and paste what the seller wrote:

"over 15k invested in restoration L28et motor fresh rebuild. P90 head and r200 rear diff. new interior, carpet and panels, slip on dash cover autometer speedo tach and boost gauge. straight piped but not loud Injectors are stock and its got a T25. some surface rust on the door. no rust on the frame or rails.........."

The asking price is $4000. Has this car been tastefully rebuilt? Any guesses on 0-60 times and horsepower? Is $4000 a good price? Any chance that this car might appreciate in value over time? Ideally I'd like a car that can outrun my '04 acura TL, last for a long time, and keep it as an investment.

Ideally I'd like a car...............last for a long time, and keep it as an investment.

:lol:

Sorry, that's kinda funny as Datsun's aren't known to "last a long time" needing constant attention or major restoration after a few years, and they're far from an investment.

As for your other questions, if the car is what you're looking for and in good mechanical shape then yes it's a decent buy. I can't imagine there are too many others in the Chicago area. Sort of like up here in Ontario, Datsuns are hard to find and in decent shape even more difficult.

Heh "no rust on the frame or rails" is probably a stretch, make sure to check the common rust areas like under the battery, under the spare tire, and right behind the doors in front of the rear tires. Good luck!

[i would say 4,000 would not be a bad price for a rebuilt turbo motor car if it was done correctly]