HybridZ

Clutch problem, any sugestions?

DRZ man

Hi all, so here is my clutch problem, after installing my l28et/ka24 trans and turbo 280z clutch started making a horroble noise, kinda like a pilot bushing(only when the clutch was release), so I decided to drive it one more time before I pull the tranny out and replace the worn parts, on my way back home it had no clutch pedal whatsoever, put the car on the lift and checked the clutch components and found piston in the slave cylinder was completely out of the cylinder kinda, so I put it back together and bled the the clutch system, and the slave cylinder does the same thing, decided to take the tranny out nd inspect the clutch and found the throw out bearing separated, installed and new clutch setup and throw out bearing to go with (os giken if it matters) installed the tranny back in the car, reposition the piston in the slave cylinder and bled the system again and now it feels like is no releasing the clutch far enough I looked at the clutch petal to set the ajustment on the on the clutch master cyl.(which is new) and is ajusted all the way out, now I dont know what else to try, what do you guys think is the problem here??? the other thing I have in mind is that maybe Nissan have different clutch masters for different applications and the gave me the wrong one.

if anyone can help I would really apreciate the imput, thanks...

manny.

My second thought is you have the wrong throw out bearing. The collars are different lengths for different models and maybe youre trying to over extend the slave cylinder to take up the slack caused by a shorter collar. Did your new throw out bearing come as a complete unit or did you have to press it on your old collar?

Its possible they sent you the wrong bearing.

I am using the 240SX transmission as well, and the only thing I can think of that *might* cause an issue is if you used the KA front bearing cover on the L bellhousing. Im not 100% surem but the pivots might be different heights? Just a thought. If you used the L series bearing retainer Im pretty sure this isnt a problem.