HybridZ

Center consol retrofit anyone?

icapture

so I'm assembling the Datsun back together after the motor swap, and during my garage escapades I happened to put a crack in my stock center consol. So, instead of buying a new stock one, I was thinking that perhaps I could grab one out of a different car, and go with something that's different.

Anyone know of a good write up online that goes into this? Im looking to keep the stock dash, and am curious if there is a center consol out there that works with our dashes well.

Well Ive seen the picture mentioned. People have also cut down the stock console (if your is cracked, cut in front of the crack. You can make a plug on the end out of fg smooth it all out repaint it. (member jackhammer) Or remove it completely and as mentioned have a seemless piece of carpet across the tunnel.

Another member made on out of wood that just extended the stock dash strait down to the tunnel. He incorporated speaker and a deck into it. Looked alright but it was made out of wood...

I was driving a Lexus IS250 the other day when I had my I had my GS in for service.

The pic doesn't look like it will fit but from sitting inside inside it is a pretty good fit. The only thing that I see being a problem is having to do a little trimming to access the hand brake.

You also get 2 integrated cup holders with the deal.

ag_07lexusis_is350int.jpg

I was driving a Lexus IS250 the other day when I had my I had my GS in for service.

The pic doesn't look like it will fit .......

Agreed.

The only thing that I see being a problem is having to do a little trimming to access the hand brake.

including a little trimming of the seats! Looks at least two to three inches wider than the 240/260 console. Let's keep the suggestions realistic.

It will need to be a narrow-waisted car, e.g. Miata, maybe even an early Datto sedan, 240K 180B or such. There's one on e-bay atm: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DATSUN-240K-OR-260Z-CENTRE-CONSOLE-MANUEL-OR-AUTOMATIC_W0QQitemZ220304215721QQihZ012QQcategoryZ33695QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

just to give you an idea. You must have dozens of options in junk-yards over there.

• 2 weeks later...