HybridZ

Weatherstripping Questions

Guest NESS89

Chrysler mini-vans, mid to late 90s I think. Pull the big weatherstrip around the sliding door and it works very well for the s30. The only drawback is that the black finisher on the inside of the rocker panel doesn't fit exactly right.

• 2 weeks later...
Here is something interesting I came across a few days ago: I was looking in a old JC Whitney catalog and ran into one of their ads for weatherstripping. They showed cut-way views of the different patterns and it looks like there are more than a few that could be good for the Z.

Below is a link to the JC Whitney weatherstrip that some people have used with good results over at the Classic ZCar Club where this weatherstripping issue rears its head on occasion too.

If you contact Whitney, they will send you a sample. I got the sample and it looks like it will work well. I think I'll be trying it when I get my car off of the rotisserie and into reassembly. I'd take a pic of the sample for everyone but I'm out of town and won't be home until next week.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Search?catalogId=10101&storeId=10101&sku=wd819909n&searchbtn.x=11&searchbtn.y=11

Terry

• 2 months later...