HybridZ

Help!! weirdest thing ever

Guest Iansstud

Guest Iansstud

Ok, so I went out to my car this morning to give her a good warm up befor heading to town.... and i heard this wierd noise sounded like my flashers were on but i could hear the relays clicking at 15' away... :confused:

I got closer to the car and it was comming from the engine bay and dash. so I got in the car and the voltometer charge light was flashing on and off, and the buckle up light was flashing on and off, and there was 3 or 4 relays clicking inside of the car on and off on and off. I poped the hood, and 3 or 4 other relays were clicking on and off in the area in front of the battery that has a ton of wires going into it...

when I turn the car to acc, on, start. all of the clicking stops and it acts normal besides the part where it wont start.....but off and lock it starts again... I am soo lost and dont even know where to begin. I unpluged the battery and now I am here.

This is my driver car, it ran fine yesterday. I am confused.:icon55:

If anyone can help thankyou ahead of time

thanks- Ian

Oh yeah its a 78' 280z

so i charged the battery, and tryed to install the cable, same thing... no luck, same clicking....

okay maybe pull and clean your fusible links.

it's odd it was doing it when you first walked out. almost tells me there's a short. Maybe look on the passenger side fuse box area for any moisture. it's not uncommon to get a leak there, n start corroding wires.

Ok, so I went out to my car this morning to give her a good warm up befor heading to town.... and i heard this wierd noise sounded like my flashers were on but i could hear the relays clicking at 15' away... :confused:

I got closer to the car and it was comming from the engine bay and dash. so I got in the car and the voltometer charge light was flashing on and off, and the buckle up light was flashing on and off, and there was 3 or 4 relays clicking inside of the car on and off on and off. I poped the hood, and 3 or 4 other relays were clicking on and off in the area in front of the battery that has a ton of wires going into it...

when I turn the car to acc, on, start. all of the clicking stops and it acts normal besides the part where it wont start.....but off and lock it starts again... I am soo lost and dont even know where to begin. I unpluged the battery and now I am here.

This is my driver car, it ran fine yesterday. I am confused.:icon55:

If anyone can help thankyou ahead of time

thanks- Ian

Oh yeah its a 78' 280z

You might have a short in your battery itself. If the water level is too low it will cause shorts in the plates and this can happen. I had a new VW years ago that had the same symptoms and this was the cause.

If you cannot check the level, just try another battery in the place of the one in the car.

Guest Iansstud

its a shorted out hazzard sw. the insides have melted, and its all shorted out. on or off it does the same thing. and the hazzard lights / blinkers are dead too...

that solved the clicking noises. now i still have a no power to the fuel pump. it just reads 0 on the FP gauge. any clues to where the fuel pump relay is?

Guest Iansstud

Ok, Fixed it.... It was a coroded hazzard sw. it caused over have of the relays onboard to click, (dont ask, i dont know...) this caused the fuel relay to need wiggleing to work again...

Thanks guys i really appreciate the help.