HybridZ

Do I need a Controller for my Gauges?

Temujin

Hi guys. I need your help.

A local vendor is selling me used but in great condition GReddy gauges (oil pressure, fuel pressure, water temp, exhaust gast temp and boost). We've agreed on the price already but he says I still need a control box for the gauges to work. He suggests I get a DEFI controller. I'm not sure what this controller is or if it's necessary. A friend told me that since the gauges already come with all the wries and sensors, there's no need for any such controller although he said he's not up-to-date with the new stuff so he could be wrong.

I need you inputs brothers!!!

Here's a pic of the actual gauges

cc25.jpg

Below is a pic of the gauges with the HKS "controller" (on the left) that it came with. Unfortunately, another buyer had already paid for the controller. Thus the need (says the vendor) to get another controller.

cc31.jpg

The controller in the pic is an HKS EVC boost controller. The little cube thing with hoses underneath it is the valve control servo for the HKS EVC. It has nothing to do with any of those gauges.

Also, the Defi controller will only work with Defi gauges. Check Greddy's website, but I don't recall any of their gauges requiring a controller.