HybridZ

Posi Q's

383 240z

I found a RWD turbo 200sx in the boneyard is there a chance of it being a posi unit if so will it fit my Z? I have to make an appt. to get the rear lifted(it is a u-pull-it yard)and the rear disks are buried in the mud could not just spin the wheels and check the cover is not finned if it matters. Keith

No 200sx had an lsd diff. They did have R200's though. turbo's had 4.11's and v6's or non turbo's had 3.9's

1987-89 300zxt's had lsd diffs. they are identifiable by having a larger rear cover with large cooling fins. Modification to the rear crossmember if you want to use the finned cover. Or you can just swap covers to the smaller r200 cover. I kept the finned cover and modified my rear crossmember. I figured they added that extra cooling for a reason.

Guest Blazer406

Which gears came in the '87-'89 turbo z's? If you found a rear end from one of these cars, and wanted to use the gears from your original '76 R200 rear with 3.545 gears, would the early gears bolt on to the later LSD, or are they just non interchangable?

"Which gears came in the '87-'89 turbo z's?"

3.7's

"would the early gears bolt on to the later LSD"

Yes, with the use of a simple set of bushings to use the 10mm bolts thru the 12mm carrier hole. I've offered before, if anyone needs them and has a 12mm carrier and a 10mm bolt, just send me specs and I'll have the bushings made up.

Guest Blazer406

What other ratios are available that will work with this setup that are "findable" in junkyards? Would it be a good idea to just run a R&P from a 12mm set from one of the later z's? I would also like to know for sure what ratio I have now. It is a R200 from a '76 automatic 280Z. I believe it is a 3.545, but I am not sure. If I found one of the LSD's from a turbo z, what else would I need from the LSD car to make it work with my '76 R200 setup. (half-shafts, stub-axles, ect..... )?

Thanks for the info above.