HybridZ

newbie engine swap

Guest jaylynn

Guest jaylynn

Hey guys new to the forum but I have a question I am about to take possession of a 74,1/2 260Z I am not sure as to which engine is in as my grandfather kept it lock up but I believe he told it was not factory how I know it has had problems, I am looking for a direct engine swap something newer and bullet proof with at least the same amount of power 140hp or more I have basic shade tree skills have swapped engines (replacements) before but I dont want to have to fabricate any custom pieces if possible and I want to come out cheap as possible as the will be a recreational driver but needs to be reliable Not asking much am I? any ways any suggestions thanks for any help

jaylynn

check out and read everything you can in the 6 cylinder straight 6 nissan section of the forum, odds are the engine your grandad calls non-factory means that someone dropped a 2.8l L series engine in to replace the stock 2.6L the 260 came with.

check out the threads and search for 280ZXT upgrade threads. thats likely to be your best bet for a simple (ish) upgrade.