HybridZ

afm signal wire

dark91zc

i have been search for 3 hours now and only figured out this far. 5 wires go to the afm. 25/32/33/34/35. wire 25 goes to the air temp sensor. on the turbo model the yellow with red stripe is the signal wire. here is the link. http://www.mygen.com/users/dbruce/myz31/JWT%20450%20Kit.pdf.

i wonder is the lt green with red stripe is the signal wire for the non turbo. is there anything i should look for or a certain way to test. i think the signal is to be similar to the tps signal wire. ov-5v , closed throttle - wide open throttle.

thanks for the help and info

The AFM is a potentiometer; more like a later Throttle position sensors frequently found in more modern cars. Think of it as a volume knob, attached to the gateway that meters the air. The more airflow, the higher it cranks up the volume.

Right now I am not 110% on the wires on the datsun AFMs, but two of the wires are input and output for a safety cutoff switch that goes to the fuel pump relay. One wire is for the air temp sensor, and one wire is the potentiometer output. What the fifth wire is, what colors are what, etc, I cannot tell you. google xenons30 or xenons130 and find your factory service manual. While you are at it, look up EFI bible and download that as well.