HybridZ

polyurethane 280ZX Insulator

Guest potterma

Guest potterma

I contacted Energy Suspension via e-mail regarding some custom parts for an '81 ZX diff insulator. They couldn't help me because they don't "...make a kit for that part of your vehicle." Yeah, I know. That's why I asked for some specific dimensioned individual pieces, not a kit! If I can get some pieces, I can fab the mount (well, get it fab'ed).

Has anyone had any luck getting dimension specific (rather than application specific)polyurethane parts from anyone?

Who besides Energy suspension is "in the game?"

Thanks,

Guest gprix1

Does anyone know what durometer rating would be appropriate for use on the Z (street and track)? I would like to narrow it down as much as possible.

Guest potterma

I'm not sure what Energy Suspension uses, but, based on the durometer chart provided by McMaster Carr, I went with 80 Shore A.

When I get the material in, I can give you my "gut reaction" to how it compares to an Energy Suspension bushing.

Beyond that...???

Guest potterma

I got some flat pieces from McMaster Carr.

80 Shore A durometer. Definetely harder than the old original diff mount pieces. According to the ole "thumbnail durometer meter," its about right for a suspension bushing piece.

Once I get the round piece and figure out how to mount everything securly, I'll give y'all my subjective evaluation.......