HybridZ

Vacuum Hose Removal/Relocation

ckolander

Hello to all........

I was looking underhood of my '79 280zx, pretty much stock-ish, and noticed again that it looks very cluttered with all of the vacuum lines all over the place. I was wondering if there was any way of removing some of them??

I live in a state with no emissions laws so my first thought was to rip out everything emissions related, but upon reading further in my Chilton and Haynes(yes I bought both, I'm a little anal about my car), they both said that all emissions equipment are vital to the vehicle running well.

I am hesitant to hurt my baby just to find out whether or not this is true and figured that someone else here had probably tried it and would know the answers to the questions I have.

So now, does anyone know either what stuff can make like Houdini and escape, or how in the world can I reroute all the vacuum stuff/hoses to clean up the engine bay.

Oh, and note to anyone thinking about trying to relocate the battery, it's a P.I.T.A.:ass:

Thanks everyone,

Chuck