HybridZ

rookie question/R200

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I'm kinda new at the "z". I just got a 72 240 and plan to go v8 in the near future. I want to do the r-200 swap asap. Exactly what parts do I need and what years/models would be the best to swap from? Any help would be great! Thanks

Hi and welcome aboard!

First and foremost, if you plan on doing a V8 conversion, I HIGHLY recommend you purchase the Jags that Run Datsun V8 conversion manual. It can be found at http://www.JagsThatRun.com

The manual covers swapping the R200 in place of the R180, aswell as all the other things you will want to do to your 72 to keep it safe and solid with your newfound V8 power. Until then, I can help you with the parts you need.

You will need the R200 diff, the curved R200 moustache bar and the curved rear crossmember/brace. You can use the front crossmember you have on your 72 now but you will be flipping it around 180 degrees to use with the R200. The swap, which I am about to do, is fairly straight forward and shouldnt cause much frustration.

While you are back there, check to make sure you dont have any zerc fittings on your halfshaft joints. These have been known to weaken the joints enough to cause breakage behind a V8 and should be replaced with Datsun units with NO zerc fittings.

Good luck!

Jason

Guest Anonymous

thanks jason. the jtr manual was the second thing I got (after the Z, of course) now I'm just trying to fill in the dteail "gaps" from the manual but I think i've just found the perfect website. Thanks again!