HybridZ

porsche 6 speed gearbox

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, unless it like a 928 5sp transaxle, motor up front, tranny in back etc, but as mentioned, its re-inventing the wheel, for the same bread you could put a Jag or Vette rear end in and a traditional north-south transmission setup.

Regards,

Lone

Hey guys, why not a transaxle in a Z? I bet Scotty could figure it out. Sure, you got a lot of cuttin' & burnin' to do. But think about it: You could mount an ice chest in place of that huge tranny tunnel. That's better than a weezy cup holder. 24 cans of caffine free Pepsi on ice right there next to the shifter!

One of those cars would be sweet! I've seen several VERY nice examples on the WEB. One of the old Lotus low slung Lotus cars with a rotary would also float my boat. Not sure I'd do a V8 in the 914, sick as that would be but imagine say a 20B rotary? Buick V6? I saw a 911 somewhere that had the Buick out on the WEB. How much does a 914 in good shape go for anyway? Aren't those transaxles a bit expensive? Like I need another project ;) Heh 510 with a 1JZ? Corolla? Chevette? :D