HybridZ

240z 3d model

Guest milkeyisback

what are you planning to use it for? I've got a cartoony S30 model i've been working on in Maya 2008 for fun, I'm sure that there's a format I could export it in like .fbx or something that you may be able to import into max. It's pretty rough and not textured (nor is it likely to be any time soon), but you sort of get what you pay for, right?

zModelFront.jpg

zModel.jpg

zModelRear.jpg

That ridge down the center is an artifact of it being modeled in half, and mirrored for these renders. Like I said, it's not particularly polished, but it's not been a very high priority project of mine. It was going to be for a short animation of it turning into the robot that used to be my signature until it was discovered to be out of pixel-spec.

there are far easier ways to test bodykits/wheel combos than constructing them from scratch in a 3D application, especially 3DSMax...Photoshop is much faster, and anyone conversant in a modeling package like Max would have to have access to something like Photoshop to make textures. My guess is to get a jumpstart on a project, possibly for school.

Guest milkeyisback

i used to 3dmodel rims/tires and stuff for a living.. i wanted to test body kit ideas, get more exact measurements on wide body mods, check out different looks with different mods.

My model is based solely on the diagrams in the FSM and eyeballing my own Z, so it isn't on any exact scale or measurement system. Kirby260, a member on our boards (a quick search using the term '3d' turns up the thread) is attempting to match up the chassis diagrams with real world measurements in CAD, but is probably far from having a workable model yet.

The only other model I have seen on this site was on AK-Z 's signature picture. His has flares and slightly modded body lines as well as an airdam in the front.

If you feel up to it you might begin your own model, seeing as you say you are proficient in modeling already.