HybridZ

Massive amounts of oil in the exhaust.

I have a 77 that I've turboed. F54, N47, 83 turbo injectors, afm with the guts removed and the 77 afm guts installed. stock boost. This setup was running pretty good for about 5 months or so. I parked after a short trip and 5 mins later I tried to restart and it barley ran. White smoke from the tail pipe. Nursed it home and discovered oil coming out of the wastegate shaft bung. 6" pool of oil under the joint where the downpipe connects to the after exhaust . I've rebiult the turbo twice and it hasn't had an effect. I pulled the head off and I can't see any compromise in the HG. Not sure what's going on. The cylinders look normal except that the tops of the pistons 1&2 look wet, 1 more so than 2. I've picked up a P79, I'll install it and try again. Could it be that I need a restrictor in the oil feed? I've check and recheck the oil drain and it's unobstructed.

I've searched and posted on Z-car. searched here on Hybrids although I'm not as good searching here.

Thanks for any help on this.....Bill